Homebuyer Education Providers

Homebuyer education is required for all first-time homebuyers, defined as a borrower who has not owned a home in the last three years from the closing date. First-time homebuyers must attend a nationally accredited in-person or on-line homebuyer education course through a HUD, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac approved housing counseling agency.  The homebuyer's receipt of a homebuyer education counseling Certificate of Completion is a condition for the loan closing.  For convenience, links to a few options are listed below.